Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Lab Update

I am really making progress with The Lab. The project I came up with is a book called Weird Mammals, which exploits the most rare, unknown, and interesting mammals. Each spread is a portrait of a very strange creature and some facts about them. The book will be very handmade, seeing as I do not have the money to get them printed by LuLu and will be printing them myself. Also, I am hand-making cloth envelopes to encase the books and attaching four 1" buttons to the outside.




This is my special box of tools. I take it with me everywhere.



My pigs, Gina and Pearl, were having "floor time" while I was documenting, so they are being included in this post as well.



The set of four 1" buttons that will come as a free gift with the book.
[Featuring: Fennec Fox, Warthog, Sloth, Aardvark]



2 Gocco Screens, a Letterpress Polymer Plate, and their final products above them.



Patches might be a cool idea for something to include, but I'm not sure yet.



These will be the covers to my books. They are letter-pressed,
thanks to Kyle Van Horn for his help. The yellow didn't show up great, but
it gives off a weird feeling that I kind of enjoy.



What Pearl is sniffing is a mock-up for what my envelopes will look
like, though the fabric will be much better. That one doesn't work.


No comments:

Post a Comment